HATTIESBURG, Miss. (AP) — A Mississippi woman says she was distressed to find dozens of plastic cafeteria trays dumped in a wooded area near a school.
Nicole Dennis tells the Hattiesburg American that she found the trash last week near NR Burger Middle School in Hattiesburg.
Hattiesburg Public School District spokeswoman Samone Wilson says school officials are "not sure how long this has been going on or who is responsible." She says the district is taking steps to ensure it doesn't happen again.
City crews have been cleaning up the mess.
- Cafeteria trays dumped in woods near Mississippi school
- Company plans wood chipping operation in Mississippi
- Partners to buy SC wood pellet plant, build Mississippi port
- Wood products company to open plant in Mississippi, hire 50
- Wood pellet maker plans $200M investment in Mississippi
- Judge upholds Mississippi's charter school law
- Mississippi names top teacher and school administrator
- Mississippi school eyes new football stadium construction
- Historically black Mississippi schools get Nissan donation
- William Carey opens Mississippi's second pharmacy school