Previous update 09/10/19 10:29 p.m.
TUNICA, Miss. (WTVA) — Searchers found the body of a 5-year-old girl who disappeared in the Mississippi River in Tunica County over the weekend along with a woman and a 2-year-old boy.
WMC-TV in Memphis reported the discovery came Tuesday afternoon not far from where the sport utility vehicle the three were riding in was found.
The body of Symphony Wilson, 29, turned up in the river Monday night.
Searchers are still looking for the little boy.
The woman had dropped off the children's mother at the Fitz Tunica Casino Sunday morning before the vehicle crashed into the water nearby.
Tunica County Sheriff K.C. Hamp reportedly said it is his belief the crash was unintentional.
The original article is below.
TUNICA, Miss. (WTVA) - Law enforcement officials recovered the body of a woman who crashed into the Mississippi River with two children.
Tunica County Sheriff K.C. Hamp confirmed they recovered the body of Symphony Wilson, 29, late Monday night, reports WMC-TV in Memphis, Tennessee.
The 2-year-old boy and the 5-year-old girl with Wilson were not her children, reported The Associated Press.
The sheriff told the Memphis TV station that Wilson dropped friends off at work on Sunday at the Fitz Casino.
Previous Article - Sheriff: 3 believed dead after SUV enters Mississippi River
Her SUV later went off the road and into the river.
Officials are still searching for the two children.
- Second body recovered from Mississippi River after woman, children disappear
- Alabama woman's body found weeks after disappearance
- Body found in Pearl River in Mississippi
- Body of missing man found in Pearl River in Mississippi
- Woman's body found near national forest in Mississippi
- Body pulled from Georgia's Chattahoochee River
- Body of missing woman found
- Authorities identify body found in Mississippi creek
- Missing Mississippi man's body found in lake
- Mississippi man charged after authorities identify body