COLUMBUS, Ga. (AP) — Searchers have located the body of a 4-year-old boy who was missing for more than a week in the Chattahoochee River at Columbus, Georgia.
Area media report that the child's remains were found Friday morning on the ninth day of a search.
Authorities planned a news conference to discuss the case.
Officials say the child was fishing from the riverbank with his father when he fell into the water on March 28. The man went in after the boy and didn't resurface.
Searchers found the body of 27-year-old James Rabon of Bonneau, South Carolina, on Sunday. Authorities haven't publicized the name of the missing child.
- Body of missing boy located in Chattahoochee River
- Body pulled from Georgia's Chattahoochee River
- Body of teen missing in February flooding located
- Body of missing man found in Pearl River in Mississippi
- Body found in Pearl River in Mississippi
- Missing woman's body identified, husband's charges upgraded
- Missing Mississippi man's body found in lake
- Body pulled from river along Georgia-Alabama state line
- Second body recovered from Mississippi River after woman, children disappear
- 2-year-old boy found floating in river days after wreck