GADSDEN, Ala. (AP) — A man walking home from a convenience store in Alabama stumbled upon a woman’s body on the rocky creek bank below a set of double bridges in Gadsden.
Etowah County Sheriff Jonathon Horton says the body was found Thursday and identified as 58-year-old Patti Joan Epps.
Horton says the woman appears to have fallen about 35 (10.66 meters) or 40 feet (12.19 meters) from the roadway just before the guard rail onto rocks below. He says evidence thus far shows she died about a day-and-a-half before she was found.
The Gadsden Times reports there is no indication of foul play. Horton described the incident as a “tragic accidental fall.”
- Body found under Alabama bridge
- Alabama woman's body found weeks after disappearance
- Woman's body found at north Alabama landfill
- Police: Body of missing Alabama toddler found
- Bodies found in Alabama linked to missing rapper, promoter
- Authorities: Body found in shallow grave in Alabama
- Alabama officials identify woman's body found this month
- Body found in North Carolina identified as Alabama man, 54
- Missing Alabama woman's body found at bottom of a well
- Alabama sheriff identifies body of missing man found in lake