SOUTHAVEN, Miss. (AP) — Authorities say a body found in a shallow grave outside a north Mississippi home may be that of a missing Arkansas man.
Southaven police Deputy Chief Mark Little says the case has taken authorities to Alabama and Arkansas, but it was an interview with a resident that led them to the body Tuesday. He says the missing man had been living with the family that rents the house, but residents told authorities they haven't seen the man for months.
Another man who lived at the home, Michael Shane Guidry, was arrested Monday on unrelated credit card fraud charges. Little says Guidry's interview led to the discovery of the body. He declined to say if additional charges are pending, citing the ongoing investigation.
The man's identity wasn't immediately released.
- Body found near Mississippi home may be missing Arkansas man
- Missing Mississippi man's body found in lake
- Body of missing man found in Pearl River in Mississippi
- Body found in Pearl River in Mississippi
- Authorities identify body found in Mississippi creek
- Police: Man's body found in ditch off Mississippi road
- 3 arrested after body of Mississippi man found in freezer
- Elderly man's body found after Mississippi apartment fire
- Police: Man's body found behind vacant Mississippi building
- Mississippi man reports to Arkansas prison for Ponzi scheme