LUMBERTON, N.C. (AP) — Authorities say a body found in North Carolina earlier this month is that of an Alabama man.
Citing a Robeson County Sheriff's Office release, The Fayetteville Observer reported Wednesday that the body found on a Lumberton road running parallel to Interstate 95 on Dec. 3 is 54-year-old Jon Eric Morris.
The Jacksonville, Alabama, man was last seen Nov. 20, in his hometown around 5 miles northeast of Anniston, Alabama.
He was driving a pickup truck that was hauling a kayak. His vehicle was found in Robeson County, but the kayak was missing.
The Office of the Chief Medical Examiner in Raleigh is trying to determine the cause of death. Further details have not been released.
- Body found in North Carolina identified as Alabama man, 54
- Woman's body found at north Alabama landfill
- Body found under Alabama bridge
- Alabama officials identify woman's body found this month
- Authorities identify body found in Mississippi creek
- Police chief identifies man whose body was found in vehicle
- Decomposed body found in car truck identified as missing man
- Alabama woman's body found weeks after disappearance
- Mississippi man charged after authorities identify body
- Officials identify woman whose body was in Alabama lake