SEMINARY, Miss. (AP) — Authorities are trying to identify a body found in a south Mississippi creek popular with boaters.
Covington County Coroner Chris Daquila tells WDAM-TV that the body was found Saturday in Okatoma Creek.
He says a group of people was canoeing when they spotted a floating body.
Daquila says the body was decomposed when authorities retrieved it from the creek and they couldn't immediately identify it. Daquila says officials are still working to figure out who died and to determine the cause of death.
- Body found in Mississippi creek popular with boaters
- Authorities identify body found in Mississippi creek
- Body found in Pearl River in Mississippi
- Missing Mississippi man's body found in lake
- Man's body found in Mississippi lake
- 2 Mississippi lakes reopen to boaters as floodwaters drop
- Police: Man's body found in ditch off Mississippi road
- 3 arrested after body of Mississippi man found in freezer
- Elderly man's body found after Mississippi apartment fire
- Body of missing man found in Pearl River in Mississippi