BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) - Police say human remains found buried in a shallow grave in a backyard have been identified as Paighton Houston, an Alabama woman who texted she feared she was “in trouble" before disappearing last month.
The Trussville Police Department said in a statement that the discovered body was identified as Houston.
The police department said investigators recovered the body Friday in a shallow grave at the home in Hueytown, about 13 miles west of Birmingham.
The 29-year-old was last seen Dec. 20 leaving a Birmingham bar with two men.
- Body IDed as missing woman who texted she was 'in trouble'
- Body of missing woman found
- An Alabama woman texted 'I feel in trouble' before she disappeared, mother says
- Missing woman's body identified, husband's charges upgraded
- Alabama woman who texted 'I feel in trouble' before she disappeared has been found dead, police say
- Coroner IDs woman killed crossing Mississippi road
- Sheriff: Burned car with body belonged to missing woman
- Missing Alabama woman's body found at bottom of a well
- Missing Mississippi man's body found in lake
- Police: Body of missing Alabama toddler found