BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) — A Birmingham police officer is charged with sexual abuse in a case that began with a complaint about misconduct while on duty.
News outlets report that 25-year-old Devin Carlisle was arrested Monday, a little more than three years after he was hired.
Carlisle is charged with sexual abuse by force. Court records aren't available to show whether he has a lawyer to speak on his behalf.
Carlisle was placed on administrative duty after officials received a complaint about allegations of misconduct in January.
He is being held in the Jefferson County Jail with bail set at $15,000.
- Birmingham officer charged with sex abuse
- Birmingham officer charged in assault on prisoner
- Alabama police officer arrested on sex abuse charges
- Birmingham Police officer arrested, released on bond
- Birmingham police officer injured in shooting
- Alabama children's pastor indicted on sex abuse charges
- Alabama teacher charged with sex abuse of student, 12
- Birmingham-Shuttlesworth airport's CEO to retire
- Birmingham bus service gets $3.6M federal grant
- Doctor comes home to hardscrabble Birmingham neighborhood