BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) — A police officer in Birmingham, Alabama, has been arrested on two felony charges.
AL.com reports the Jefferson County District Attorney's Office issued warrants Friday against Officer Tony Noble Williams for first-degree theft of property and ethics law violation. No details of his alleged crimes have been released.
Jail records indicate the crimes happened March 14.
Williams was booked into the Jefferson County Jail at 1:26 a.m. Saturday and released at 3:23 a.m. after posting $10,000 bond.
It was unknown if he's represented by an attorney.
- Birmingham Police officer arrested, released on bond
- Birmingham officer charged with sex abuse
- Birmingham officer charged in assault on prisoner
- Police: Bystander fatally shot in crossfire in Birmingham
- Birmingham police chief steps down amid protection order
- Birmingham-Shuttlesworth airport's CEO to retire
- Birmingham bus service gets $3.6M federal grant
- Doctor comes home to hardscrabble Birmingham neighborhood
- Woman shot to death inside Birmingham home
- Amazon to locate distribution center near Birmingham