HOOVER, Ala. (AP) — An Alabama man accused of seriously injuring his girlfriend's infant son has been arrested and charged with aggravated child abuse.
Al.com reports Fultondale police and U.S. Marshals captured 28-year-old Karlos Antonio Parker in Hoover on Tuesday night.
Police Chief D.P. Smith says the 5-month-old was injured last week when he was left in Parker's care while his mother went to work. Another relative picked up the child and noticed he was lethargic.
Smith says the relative took the boy to Children's of Alabama, where doctors found swelling of the brain along with bruising to his head and back. The boy is now recovering.
The investigation showed the injuries happened while in Parker's care. Police say Parker denies hurting the boy. It's unclear if he has a lawyer who could comment.
- Baby suffers brain swelling; mother's boyfriend charged
- Mother charged with murder of baby
- Police: Dispatcher beaten on duty suffers brain bleed
- Mother faces charge after dead baby found in car's trunk
- Boyfriend charged in fatal shooting of Alabama woman
- Infant suffers severe head trauma; woman charged
- Former boyfriend of burned woman fatally shot
- Elderly Mississippi woman shot, killed; boyfriend arrested
- Sheriff: Mississippi mom shoots adult daughter's boyfriend
- Mother charged in 4-year-old daughter's death