OLIVE BRANCH, Miss. (AP) — Authorities say a man whose badly decomposed body was found Friday in a lake in northwest Mississippi drowned by accident.
Officials told local news outlets Monday that the dead man was John Frank Noto, a 67-year-old Olive Branch resident.
The body was removed Friday morning from a lake in a suburban subdivision just south of Memphis, Tennessee. At the time, authorities did not identify it, sending it to the state Crime Lab in Pearl for identification and a cause of death.
- Authorities say drowning in Mississippi lake was accidental
- Mississippi man drowns while fishing
- Authorities: Boy, 7, accidentally shoots, kills self
- Missing Mississippi man identified as drowning victim
- 3 teenagers drown in Mississippi's Biloxi River
- Authorities: Son drowns in tub while father plays video game
- Man found in state park lake after apparent drowning
- 2-year-old Mississippi girl drowns after wandering from home
- Toddler drowns in canal at Mississippi RV park
- Mississippi authorities investigate fatal shooting by deputy