HOLLY SPRINGS, Miss. (AP) — Officials are identifying a north Mississippi jail inmate who they say stole a pistol and killed himself.
The Marshall County coroner tells WHBQ-TV that Brian Lloyd Talley died Tuesday outside the jail in Holly Springs.
Talley was a trusty, granted privileges for good behavior or work performed. Tony Farese, a lawyer speaking for the Marshall County Sheriff's Department, has said Talley entered a locked sheriff's department truck, found a pistol, and shot himself.
Previous Article - Attorney: Marshall County inmate steals gun, commits suicide
Farese says the inmate, jailed in Marshall County since March on a burglary charge, was due for release in August. But Tuesday, detectives from Senatobia say they questioned the inmate about an embezzlement case. Investigators believe fear of more jail time may have prompted the suicide.
The Mississippi Bureau of Investigation is examining the case.
- Authorities identify inmate who stole pistol and killed self
- Authorities: Father shoots son after being pistol-whipped
- Coroner identifies deceased Parchman inmate
- MDOC identifies dead Parchman inmate
- Private company identifies dead Marshall County inmate
- Authorities identify body found in Mississippi creek
- Mississippi man charged after authorities identify body
- Authorities: 5 inmates recaptured after Alabama jail escape
- Authorities capture Alabama inmate who tunneled out of jail
- Fifth inmate killed in Mississippi this week