SEMINARY, Miss. (AP) — Authorities are identifying a body found floating in a south Mississippi creek popular with boaters as a 55-year-old man.
Covington County Coroner Chris Daquila tells WDAM-TV that the body found Saturday in Okatoma Creek was Gary Lynn Dunn of Seminary.
How Dunn died is still under investigation. Daquila says autopsy results are pending.
Dunn's body was found by a group of people who were canoeing.
Daquila has said the body was decomposed when authorities retrieved it from the creek and they couldn't immediately identify it.
- Authorities identify body found in Mississippi creek
- Mississippi man charged after authorities identify body
- Body found in Mississippi creek popular with boaters
- Body found in Pearl River in Mississippi
- Missing Mississippi man's body found in lake
- Man's body found in Mississippi lake
- Authorities: Body found in shallow grave in Alabama
- Police chief identifies man whose body was found in vehicle
- Decomposed body found in car truck identified as missing man
- Alabama officials identify woman's body found this month