BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) — Authorities say a 21-year-old man who was gunned down had been targeted.
Al.com reports that the Jefferson County Coroner's Office identified the victim as LaRonald Cortez McDaniel.
Chief Deputy Randy Christian said Tuesday that detectives believe McDaniel was targeted and that the shooting was drug-related.
Authorities say McDaniel and a woman were sitting in a car in front of a house when a gunman walked up to the vehicle and opened fire.
The woman was not injured, and the suspect fled on foot.
No arrests have been made. The investigation is ongoing.
- Authorities: Man gunned down in Alabama was targeted
- Authorities ID trucker found dead in Alabama as Ohio man
- Alabama author behind Neil Armstrong biopic
- Alabama man gets 10 years on gun charges
- Authorities: Body found in shallow grave in Alabama
- Authorities: 5 inmates recaptured after Alabama jail escape
- Alabama high school student found with gun, arrested
- Another loaded gun found in carry-on at Alabama airport
- Authorities seek info about death of Mississippi man