MOBILE, Ala. (AP) — Alabama police have issued an arrest warrant for Los Angeles Lakers center DeMarcus Cousins on a misdemeanor domestic violence charge for harassing communications.
The Mobile municipal court website indicates a warrant was issued for harassing communications, but does not list other details
TMZ released an audio recording Tuesday in which it says Cousins threatens to shoot Christy West, the mother of their 7-year-old child.
Lakers spokesperson Alison Bogli said Thursday the team had no immediate comment beyond a statement issued Tuesday after learning of the recording .
The Lakers say they "take this claim seriously" and are gathering information and looking into the allegations.
The 6-foot-11, 270-pound Cousins signed with the Lakers last month as a free agent, but the 29-year-old veteran center then tore a knee ligament during a workout earlier this month.
- Arrest warrant issued in Alabama for Lakers center DeMarcus Cousins
- Police: Girl, 10, shot by 9-year-old cousin in Mississippi
- Alabama issues State of Emergency following storms
- Alabama inmate escapes from work release center
- Former Alabama legislative leader arrested
- Man sentenced to 40 years in beating death of teenage cousin
- Suspect in Alabama killing arrested in Georgia
- Alabama police officer arrested for domestic violence
- Alabama SGA president arrested after crash
- Man arrested in Mississippi carjacking, Alabama killing