AUBURN, Ala. (AP) — Authorities say a man is charged with capital murder in the death of a woman missing in Alabama since 2006.
Police in Auburn, Alabama, say 38-year-old Derrill Richard Ennis was arrested Monday in the disappearance of 24-year-old Lori Ann Slesinski.
Ennis is accused of killing the woman during a burglary and kidnapping. Authorities won't say if they've located Slesinski's remains.
Slesinski's mother reported her missing on June 13, 2006, and her burned-out car was found the next day. Police say Ennis knew Slesinski and became a person of interest but left Auburn after being questioned by police.
Police say Ennis was believed to live in South Carolina, and authorities captured him in Pilot, Virginia.
Court records aren't available to show if he has a lawyer.
- Arrest made in death of Alabama woman last seen 2006
- Man arrested in Alabama apartment shooting death
- Police: Alabama woman charged with murder in mother's death
- Sheriff: Answers in Alabama woman's death months away
- Alabama woman accused of shooting boyfriend to death
- Alabama inmate stabbed to death
- Texas police arrest Alabama inmate in 1974 death of officer
- Teen arrested in shooting death of Alabama football player
- Man arrested in Alabama in shooting death after argument
- Alabama man arrested in death of 42-year-old man