MONTGOMERY, Ala. (WTVA) - Alabama state troopers investigated 11 deaths during the Thanksgiving holiday period.
The period was from Nov. 27 to Sunday, according to the Alabama Law Enforcement Agency.
The fatal crashes happened in Baldwin, Cherokee, Escambia, Hale, Madison, Morgan, St. Clair and Wilcox counties.
Of the 11 deaths, two were pedestrians and one was a motorcyclist.
Of the remaining deaths, two individuals were using seat belts, four individuals were not, and seat belt usage is unknown for two others.
During the same period in 2018, troopers investigated seven deaths.
The Mississippi Highway Patrol reported 10 deaths during the same period this year.
Related Article - MHP records 10 deaths during Thanksgiving period
- Alabama troopers report 11 deaths during Thanksgiving holiday period
- Alabama troopers investigate 23 traffic deaths during holiday period
- Alabama troopers investigated 22 deaths during Christmas, New Year's holiday travel period
- MHP records 10 deaths during Thanksgiving period
- State troopers prepare for July 4 holiday enforcement period
- Troopers begin Christmas travel enforcement period
- Gunfire death rate increases in 7-year period in Alabama
- MHP reported three deaths during New Year's enforcement period
- MHP: 1 death reported during Memorial Day period
- Alabama trooper shortage critical, says group