MONTGOMERY, Ala. (WTVA) - Alabama troopers investigated 22 deaths during their Christmas and New Year’s holiday travel period.
The period began on Dec. 20 and ended Wednesday.
The fatal crashes happened in Baldwin, Barbour, Cullman, Dallas, Elmore, Etowah, Henry, Lamar, Mobile, Pickens, Randolph, Russell and Tuscaloosa counties.
Compared to this year’s 13-day period, Alabama troopers investigated 21 deaths during their 2018 17-day period.
- Alabama troopers investigated 22 deaths during Christmas, New Year's holiday travel period
- Alabama troopers investigate 23 traffic deaths during holiday period
- Troopers begin Christmas travel enforcement period
- Alabama troopers report 11 deaths during Thanksgiving holiday period
- State troopers prepare for July 4 holiday enforcement period
- MHP: Zero deaths recorded during Christmas enforcement period
- Gunfire death rate increases in 7-year period in Alabama
- MHP reported three deaths during New Year's enforcement period
- MHP records 10 deaths during Thanksgiving period
- Police in Alabama investigate 2 shooting deaths