AUBURN, Ala. (AP) — Authorities say a high school teacher in eastern Alabama is facing a sex charge involving a student.
The Opelika-Auburn News reports that 24-year-old Beauregard High School teacher Hunter Herring Armstrong of Auburn was arrested Monday.
Authorities say Armstrong is charged with engaging in a sex act with a student under 19 years old, a felony. The Lee County Sheriff's Office says the alleged victim in the case is 15.
The sheriff's office says the girl's parent discovered content on her daughter's cellphone that led to an investigation.
Armstrong also faces three counts of contributing to the delinquency of a minor and one count of unlawful possession of drug paraphernalia.
It wasn't known early Tuesday whether Armstrong has an attorney who could be reached for comment.
- Alabama teacher faces sex charge involving student
- Ex-Alabama elementary teacher faces student sex charge
- Alabama teacher charged with having sex with student
- Alabama prep school sued over teachers' sex with students
- Alabama woman facing rape charge
- Alabama officer facing assault charge
- Alabama man accused of dozens of sex crimes involving minor
- Student files assault charge against Mississippi teacher
- Student, teacher arrested on grade-tampering charges
- Trial date set in Alabama teacher's sex harassment lawsuit