TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (AP) — Tuscaloosa police say a substitute teacher is jailed on a charge of having a sexual relationship with a student.
A statement from police says 54-year-old Meta Lovely of Duncanville surrendered Wednesday. She is being held on $30,000 bond on a charge of having sex with a student less than 19 years old.
Lovely worked as a substitute teacher at Bryant High School.
Police say they were told about a possible improper relationship between a school employee and a student on May 2.
A lawyer representing Lovely, Mary Turner, says her client is innocent and "adamantly" denies the allegations.
- Alabama teacher faces sex charge involving student
- Alabama teacher charged with having sex with student
- Ex-Alabama elementary teacher faces student sex charge
- Alabama teacher charged with sex abuse of student, 12
- Alabama prep school sued over teachers' sex with students
- Dothan HS teacher charged with having sex with student
- Student files assault charge against Mississippi teacher
- Student, teacher arrested on grade-tampering charges
- Trial date set in Alabama teacher's sex harassment lawsuit
- Alabama aims to combat teacher-student sexual relationships