SOMERVILLE, Ala. (AP) — A sheriff's department in Alabama is investigating a report of hazing at a high school earlier this year.
The Morgan County Sheriff's Office is working with the county school system on an incident involving students at Brewer High School in February.
Schools Superintendent Bill Hopkins Jr. told WHNT in Huntsville the incident involved the junior varsity baseball team. Hopkins said the incident happened in a locker room and involved middle school students who played for the junior varsity team.
The students involved were suspended from all summer programs and started the new school year in in-school suspension.
Hopkins says school officials will work with the coaches and team members to provide extra training on bullying.
Sheriff Ana Franklin says investigators are working to determine whether charges should be filed.
- Alabama officials investigate high school hazing report
- 2 teens charged in hazing at Alabama high school
- Alabama college suspends fraternity over hazing allegation
- Student charged in drug investigation at Alabama high school
- Prison official retires during investigation
- Alabama high school student found with gun, arrested
- Alabama high schools to use instant replay in football
- Man electrocuted while working on Alabama high school
- Alabama high school quits playing 'Dixie' at football games
- Alabama mayor promises free college to high school graduates