TUSKEGEE, Ala. (AP) — Sheriff's deputies have identified a body found nearly two weeks ago in Alabama.
Macon County sheriff Andre Brunson told WSFA-TV the victim was 51-year-old Melissa Nell Metcalf of Prattville.
Metcalf's body was found by some workers burning trees near Tysonville in a remote part of the county. Tysonville is about 15 miles east of Montgomery.
The cause of death has not been released.
The sheriff is working with the Alabama State Bureau of Investigation on death. No other details were immediately available.
- Alabama officials identify woman's body found this month
- Officials identify woman whose body was in Alabama lake
- Woman's body found at north Alabama landfill
- Alabama woman's body found weeks after disappearance
- Body found under Alabama bridge
- Body found in North Carolina identified as Alabama man, 54
- Body of missing woman found
- Authorities identify body found in Mississippi creek
- Missing woman's body identified, husband's charges upgraded
- Missing Alabama woman's body found at bottom of a well