DECATUR, Ala. (AP) — An Alabama police officer is on administrative duty after being charged with assaulting a minor.
The Decatur Daily reports that Decatur police Lt. Archie Hoyt Letson is set for trial on the misdemeanor trial on Sept. 13. The 40-year-old Letson has pleaded not guilty and is free on bond.
A complaint states that Letson slapped a minor and then threw him down by his hair in April. The complaint also indicates that the officer was upset that the youth had slapped him previously.
A spokeswoman for the Decatur police, Emily Long, says the incident is under investigation.
- Alabama officer facing assault charge
- Alabama woman facing rape charge
- Officer won't face charges in Alabama mall shooting
- 2 charged in assault on officer
- Alabama man faces 6,547 child porn charges
- Alabama teacher faces sex charge involving student
- Man faces manslaughter charge in Alabama hit and run
- Ex-Alabama elementary teacher faces student sex charge
- Man charged in killing of Alabama police officer
- Alabama police officer arrested on sex abuse charges