BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) — An Alabama man has been sentenced to life in prison for killing his unborn child and beating his ex-girlfriend.
Al.com reported that Jefferson County Circuit Judge Laura Petro sentenced 31-year-old Christopher Ammons Kemp for his conviction in July on charges of felony murder and first-degree domestic violence.
Petro told Kemp on Thursday that she will never forget the autopsy photos. Petro said he had committed a planned, premeditated, well-thought-out and vicious attack.
Evidence showed Jessica Jackson was severely beaten in the garage of her home in Hoover. Jackson survived, her unborn daughter did not.
Prosecutors said Kemp had been stalking Jackson for weeks,
Kemp testified that he blacked out for part of the attack. His attorney said Kemp did not mean to hurt anyone that day.
- Alabama man gets life for killing unborn child. Beating mom
- Murder charge dropped for Alabama man accused of killing mom
- Shooting kills man; wounds 2 including child in Alabama
- Alabama man gets life in roommate's slaying
- Alabama man faces 6,547 child porn charges
- Police: Alabama man tried to blow up mom with propane
- Man arrested and charged with killing mom in Mississippi
- Man killed in standoff with Alabama deputies
- Man arrested in Mississippi carjacking, Alabama killing
- Alabama man charged with killing his father