SCOTTSBORO, Ala. (AP) — An Alabama man has died when the fishing boat he was in capsized.
The Jackson County Sheriff's Office told news outlets that three men were fishing Friday night on flooded property near Raccoon Creek near Scottsboro. Deputies said the boat his something and overturned. Two of the men made it back to shore.
Twenty-eight-year-old Jaron Willmon of Jackson County drowned.
The sheriff's department confirmed that the Scottsboro Jackson County Rescue Squad found Willmon's body early Saturday.
The death is still under investigation.
- Alabama man dies when fishing boat capsizes
- 77-year-old Alabama man dies after boat capsizes on pond
- 1 killed, another missing after shrimp boat capsizes
- Alabama man killed in boat collision
- Alabama pier allowing more shark fishing
- Mississippi man drowns while fishing
- Alabama man dies after being shot
- Alabama man dies in lawnmower accident
- Alabama boat dock fire: Four of the 8 who died were children, authorities say
- Fish found in Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee called endangered