BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) — A man has died after he was shot in a business district in Alabama's largest city.
Birmingham Police Sgt. Johnny Williams told news outlets they were called to a report of shots fired shortly before 1 p.m. Wednesday.
Officers found 29-year-old Christopher Rice of Birmingham suffering from a gunshot wound. Rice was taken to UAB Hospital where he died late Thursday afternoon.
Investigators found at least two shell casings on the street.
Williams said the shooting in broad daylight shocked the community.
Investigators have not determined a motive. No arrests have been reported.
- Alabama man dies after being shot in a city business area
- Alabama man dies after being shot
- Man dies after being shot at Alabama apartment complex
- Alabama shellfish area closed
- Alabama teen dies after shots fired into vehicle
- Alabama man dies in lawnmower accident
- Alabama man dies when fishing boat capsizes
- Police: Man dies after being shot at a home in Alabama
- Alabama man dies 2 days after being found shot in the head
- Alabama city shuts down nightclub where 9 shot