BESSEMER, Ala. (AP) — Police say an Alabama man has died after being shot.
Al.com reports that he died Monday night.
Bessemer Police Chief Mike Roper said the female driver called 911 to report she was being assaulted, and that she needed paramedics and an ambulance.
When police arrived, the woman was sitting on the curb, and the man was inside. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Roper said detectives presented their evidence to the Jefferson County District Attorney's Office on Tuesday. Officials there declined to immediately issue charges against the woman.
The investigation is ongoing and could be presented to a grand jury for indictment consideration.
- Alabama man dies after being shot
- Man dies after being shot at Alabama apartment complex
- Alabama man dies in lawnmower accident
- Police: Man dies after being shot at a home in Alabama
- Alabama man dies 2 days after being found shot in the head
- Alabama man dies after being shot in a city business area
- Police: Mississippi man shot in stomach during robbery dies
- Man dies after being shot multiple times in Mississippi
- Man dies after being shot at Mississippi nightclub
- Alabama man, 22, shot dead inside own apartment