CARROLLTON, Ala. (AP) — An Alabama man faces murder and aggravated child abuse charges in the slaying of a 4-year-old boy who died in September.
The Tuscaloosa News reports 29-year-old Markevius Forte, of Aliceville, is accused in the Sept. 18 death of Taylor Cunningham. An official cause of death has not been released, but District Attorney Andy Hamlin says an autopsy shows the little boy had multiple injuries in various stages of healing.
Hamlin says he hopes the arrest can provide some comfort to the boy's family.
Officials have not said whether Forte is Taylor's father. Court records show Forte is the father of at least three children, including Taylor's 1-year-old sister.
Forte is being held in the Pickens County Jail on $500,000 bond. It was unknown if he's represented by an attorney.
- Alabama man charged with murder, abuse in 4-year-old's death
- Mother charged in 4-year-old daughter's death
- Police: Alabama woman charged with murder in mother's death
- Man charged with murder in 2016 Alabama man's disappearance
- Alabama man convicted of murder in boy's shooting death
- Man charged with murder in shooting at Alabama family party
- Murder charge dropped for Alabama man accused of killing mom
- 4-year-old girl injured in Alabama crash dies
- 4-year-old girl shot inside Alabama home by outside shootout
- Man charged with murder in deaths of wife, stepdaughter