FLORENCE, Ala. (AP) — An Alabama man has been arrested and charged with killing his father earlier this week.
Lauderdale County Sheriff's Lt. Brad Potts told news outlets that 34-year-old Charles Bradley Montgomery was charged with murder Thursday afternoon.
Montgomery is charged with the death of 52-year-old Roy Dale Montgomery, whose was found in his home Tuesday night. Potts said the body was found by a relative who entered the home after being unable to contact him since Sunday evening.
Deputies have not said how Montgomery died, nor have they released a possible motive. Potts said Montgomery's body was been sent to the Alabama Department of Forensic Sciences for an autopsy.
It was not known if Charles Montgomery has an attorney yet.
- Alabama man charged with killing his father
- Father charged after Alabama student shoots himself in hand
- Man charged in killing of Alabama police officer
- Murder charge dropped for Alabama man accused of killing mom
- Man in Alabama sentenced to life for slaying step-father
- Man finds father's body in Alabama tornado wreckage
- Alabama man indicted in slaying of his 78-year-old father
- Mississippi man charged with manslaughter in father's death
- Man killed in standoff with Alabama deputies
- Man arrested in Mississippi carjacking, Alabama killing