HUNTSVILLE, Ala. (AP) — An Alabama man has been arrested after police say he bit off a woman’s finger during a fight.
News outlets report that 48-year-old Shay Michael Thome of Huntsville was arrested Saturday and charged with first-degree assault.
Police say the victim knows Thome’s wife, and some men tackled Thome after the woman was bitten. A jail booking photo shows Thome’s face was cut in several places.
Information about the woman’s condition was not immediately available Sunday.
Thome was being held in the Madison County jail, and bond was set at $10,000. Online jail records did not show whether he is represented by an attorney.
- Alabama man accused of biting off woman’s finger in fight
- Safety agency set $159,000 fine after worker loses 4 fingers
- Man accused of attacking woman with sword
- Mississippi puts bite into penalties against dogfighting
- Alabama woman facing rape charge
- 2 friends of missing Alabama man accused in his death
- Alabama man accused of dozens of sex crimes involving minor
- Alabama man, 21, accused of soliciting 14-year-old online
- Alabama man accused of shoplifting, stabbing Belk employees
- Alabama woman unearths Tennessee man's long-lost class ring