BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) — Authorities say a 22-year-old Alabama man was shot to death inside his apartment, in the presence of multiple people.
AL.com reports that Rakeem Alexander was fatally shot Monday night at the apartment he shared with grandfather.
Birmingham police interviewed several witnesses, including Alexander's grandfather. Lt. Sean Edwards said detectives have learned Alexander was selling narcotics at his apartment, and "the activity surrounding the shooting contributed to the loss of life."
Police have not publicly identified any suspects.
Alexander is Birmingham's 96th homicide victim of 2017.
- Alabama man, 22, shot dead inside own apartment
- Man dies after being shot at Alabama apartment complex
- Authorities identify man shot to death at Alabama apartment
- Man, woman found dead in apartment
- Police: Alabama teen shot dead after argument with man, 25
- 2 men shot dead in east Alabama, third man wounded
- 2 people shot inside vehicle in southwest Alabama
- 4-year-old girl shot inside Alabama home by outside shootout
- South Alabama teacher found shot to death inside home
- Man arrested in Alabama apartment shooting death