DEKALB COUNTY, Georgia (WTVA) – Coosa County, Alabama, jail escapee Shane Vernon has been captured.
According to the Coosa County Sheriff’s Office, he was taken into custody at approximately 10:17 p.m. on Tuesday, November 21 in DeKalb County, Georgia.
He was captured without incident. He is currently being held in the DeKalb County jail awaiting extradition.
He managed to escape from the Coosa County jail on Sunday, November 19.
- Alabama jail escapee captured in Georgia
- UPDATE: Yazoo County jail escapee captured
- UPDATE: Madison County jail escapee captured
- UPDATE: Rankin County escapee captured
- UPDATE: South Mississippi escapee captured
- 1 of 3 south Mississippi jail escapees captured
- 3 Leake County jail escapees captured, 1 still on the run
- Woman charged with helping Alabama prison escapee
- Authorities capture Alabama inmate who tunneled out of jail
- UPDATE: Lauderdale County escapee recaptured