VINA, Ala. (AP) — An Alabama inmate who walked away from his work site has been recaptured six days later.
Local news outlets report 47-year-old Jeffrey Ryan Davis was taken into custody Sunday afternoon in Vina by Franklin County sheriff's deputies and the Alabama Department of Corrections.
Davis left his assigned job location at Cast Products Inc. in Athens on April 1. The company hasn't said how Davis left.
Davis was sentenced in October 2017 for theft of property in Franklin County. Court documents also show he was serving more than 12 years in prison on burglary charges.
It's the second escape by a work release inmate from Cast Products in less than two months. Inmate Joseph Davis walked away from his job in February, but was caught a short time later.
- Alabama inmate who left work release job caught 6 days later
- Alabama inmate escapes from work release center
- Inmate who walked off work release detail in Alabama found
- Alabama inmate who escaped for 2nd time caught in Tennessee
- 2 inmates who escaped from Alabama jail caught in Illinois
- Alabama inmate fatally stabbed
- Police look for Alabama murder convict who left work center
- Alabama inmate stabbed to death
- 2 inmates escape from Alabama prison
- Lawyer: Condemned Alabama inmate doesn't remember crime