BESSEMER, Ala. (AP) - A 63-year-old Alabama inmate serving a life sentence for killing a couple has been found dead in prison.
Al.com quotes authorities as saying Bobby Ray Sims was found unresponsive Tuesday morning and attempts to revive him failed.
Foul play isn't suspected in his death.
Sims was convicted in 2009 in the deaths of Vernon and Teresa Florence, who were gunned down in their home.
Court testimony revealed Sims had been harassing the couple for about a month before he barged into their home with a sawed-off shotgun that June and killed them.
- Alabama inmate serving life for double murder dies in prison
- Man serving life for kidnapping/murder dies in prison
- Inmate, 57, dies in Mississippi prison
- Inmate dies after fight in Mississippi prison
- 2 inmates escape from Alabama prison
- Alabama inmate dies in apparent suicide
- Alabama inmate fatally stabbed
- Inmate with 4 convictions dies in Mississippi prison
- Inmate at privately-run Mississippi prison dies in hanging
- Coroner: Inmate dies, found hanging at a Mississippi prison