MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) — An Alabama prison inmate has died in a suspected suicide.
The Alabama Department of Corrections said in a news release that they are investigating the apparent suicide of an inmate at Kilby Correctional Facility in Montgomery County.
Prison officials said 49-year-old Paul Ford was found Wednesday hanging by a bed sheet in his cell about 2:30 p.m. Ford was unresponsive and was pronounced dead about 30 minutes later.
Ford was sentenced to life imprisonment without parole in 1988 after being convicted of murder in Talladega County.
- Alabama inmate dies in apparent suicide
- Wyoming inmate dies in Mississippi of apparent suicide
- Death of Alabama inmate ruled suicide
- Relatives sue Alabama prisons over 4 inmate suicides
- Alabama inmate fatally stabbed
- Alabama man accused of double slaying dies by suicide
- Mississippi inmate dies in Parchman
- Alabama inmate dies from injuries after falling 12 feet
- Alabama inmate serving life for double murder dies in prison
- Alabama inmate stabbed to death