MOBILE, Ala. (AP) - An 18-year-old student at Murphy High School in Mobile been arrested for having a gun on campus.
WKRG-TV reports Mobile County Public School System spokeswoman Rena Philips says the student had left campus earlier Wednesday. When the student returned, an assistant principal believed he was acting suspicious and went to talk with him.
As the principal approached, the student tossed a bag under a car.
Philips says the principal retrieved the bag and found the loaded gun along with what was believed to be illegal drugs.
Philips says the student, whose name and grade-level was not released, did not threaten anyone with the gun.
She says he has been suspended and recommended for expulsion.
- Alabama high school student found with gun, arrested
- Former student carrying gun arrested at school in Alabama
- Mississippi high school student arrested after threat
- High school student fires gun into air on Mobile campus
- Student charged in drug investigation at Alabama high school
- 2 high school students drowned in Tombigbee River in Alabama
- Another loaded gun found in carry-on at Alabama airport
- Alabama officials investigate high school hazing report
- 4 teens arrested after Alabama school shooting
- Student suspended after nooses found on Alabama campus