GUNTERSVILLE, Ala. (AP) — Alabama Marine Patrol has recovered a small plane that has crashed into Lake Guntersville.
The Marshall County Sheriff's office tells WHNT-TV that the pilot was attempting to land in the water Saturday and the aircraft's skids malfunctioned.
Authorities say the pilot was the only one on board and was not injured.
A sheriff's office spokesman says the plane was completely submerged and was towed to a dock near Little Mountain Marina.
- Alabama crews recover small plane from lake
- Small plane crashes in Orange Beach, Alabama
- 1 person hurt in small plane crash in Alabama
- Search to continue for small plane in northeast Nevada
- Pilot killed when small plane crashes in south Mississippi
- 1 man killed as small plane crashes in central Mississippi
- Plane performs emergency landing on Alabama interstate
- Rainy Mardi Gras draws small crowds in Alabama
- Pilot dies after his ultralight plane crashes in Alabama
- Alabama deploys Guard helicopter, crew to Mexican border