TUSKEGEE, Ala. (AP) — Officials say an Auburn University student was killed while skydiving in east Alabama.
Tuskegee Police Chief Marquez James says 21-year-old Sawyer Stephen Campbell died Sunday afternoon during a jump at the Tuskegee Municipal Airport.
James says Campbell had problems opening his parachute on his second jump of the day.
The Federal Aviation Administration was notified, and the accident is being treated as a death investigation.
WSFA-TV quotes relatives as saying Campbell was a junior at Auburn University. He graduated from Huntsville High school and was an avid scuba diver and skydiver.
- Alabama college student dies while skydiving
- Police: Alabama college student stabbed, roommate in custody
- Alabama college suspends fraternity over hazing allegation
- Police: College student attacks jogger, steals underwear
- School: Alabama third-grader dies from flu
- Alabama man dies after being shot
- Los Angeles pilot dies in Alabama crash
- Alabama man dies in lawnmower accident
- Alabama inmate dies in apparent suicide
- Alabama man dies when fishing boat capsizes