CHATOM, Ala. (WTVA) - A car dealership in Alabama is giving away Bibles, American flags and shotguns as part of a Fourth of July special.
Chatom Ford posted a promotional video titled “God, Guns, and Freedom,” to its Facebook page on June 19.
The items are gifts to customers who purchase a vehicle. The special ends on July 31.
Manager Koby Palmer is seen in the promotional video.
He told CNN the dealership has been “overwhelmed” with positive feedback since the promotion started.
He also said customers could not drive off the lot with a new gun. They must take a gift card to a participating firearms dealer to redeem it.
Palmer said customers do not have to take the items if they’re uncomfortable.
"We're not trying to force anything on anybody," he told CNN. "We accept all views and all walks of life."
- Alabama car dealership giving away Bibles, American flags, shotguns during holiday special
- Alabama troopers investigate 23 traffic deaths during holiday period
- Alabama House votes to end special elections for US Senate
- Alabama Senate race gives GOP voters an uncomfortable choice
- City gives vouchers, not tickets, for broken car lights
- Suit: Mississippi flag's rebel symbol 'racially demeaning'
- Sheriff: Deputy dragged by car stuns, shoots Alabama suspect
- Police: 4 arrested in Alabama for shooting into home, cars
- Alabama House votes to ban smoking in cars carrying minors
- Alabama man's 20-mile walk to work attracts praise, new car