PRATTVILLE, Ala. (AP) — Authorities say a motorcyclist is dead after crashing while attempting to flee from a sheriff's deputy in Alabama.
Media outlets report the fatal wreck happened Sunday night in Autauga County, north of Montgomery.
Sheriff Joe Sedinger tells the Montgomery Advertiser a deputy pulled over a motorcycle rider after someone called about a group of motorcyclists speeding on her road.
The sheriff says the rider was armed with a pistol and got back on the motorcycle and fled from the officer. The motorcycle then collided head-on with another vehicle, killing the rider.
State troopers have identified the dead man as 29-year-old Justin Dewayne Sims of Sylacauga.
State police are investigating.
- Alabama authorities: Motorcyclist dies while fleeing police
- Motorcyclist dies on way to police officer's funeral
- Man drowns in rural Alabama pond while fleeing police
- Mississippi motorcyclist dies after hit by state trooper
- 4 dead after vehicle flees wrong way on Alabama interstate
- Police: Man fatally crashes while fleeing hit-and-run
- Police: Man sought for domestic violence flees, shoots self
- 2 killed as car flees police in northern Mississippi
- Man caught after fleeing police standoff, shooting at drone
- Alabama author behind Neil Armstrong biopic