JACKSON, Miss. (WTVA) - Alabama U.S. Senator Doug Jones will speak to Mississippi Democrats next Saturday.
Jones will be the keynote speaker for the party's Hamer-Winter Dinner at the Brandon Municipal Complex in suburban Jackson.
The dinner is a fundraiser for the Mississippi Democratic Party. General admission tickets are going for $40 each and reserved tables for $500 each.
The former federal prosecutor is a popular figure right now in the Democratic Party by winning last month's special election in a state that generally favors Republicans.
- Alabama U.S. Senator Doug Jones to speak to Mississippi Democrats
- In Alabama, Democrat Jones far ahead in Senate money race
- Alabama's Doug Jones sworn in after historic win
- Senate Majority PAC backed Jones' winning Alabama campaign
- Mississippi will have Democratic primary for U.S. Senate
- Merrill joins GOP race to unseat Alabama Democrat in Senate
- Alabama Senate to debate lottery
- Mississippi Democrat Espy to run again for US Senate in 2020
- Democrat Jones officially declared winner over Roy Moore
- Burton resigns as Mississippi Senate pro tem