NATCHEZ, Miss. (AP) — The chief deputy of the Adams County sheriff's office has died after being stung by a wasp.
Adams County Coroner James Lee tells The Natchez Democrat that 66-year-old Chief Deputy Wayne Rabb died Sunday evening after being stung by a wasp.
Lee said the cause of death was anaphylactic shock following the sting. The coroner pronounced Rabb dead Sunday night at the emergency room.
Adams County Sheriff Travis Patten told the newspaper that Rabb joined the sheriff's office in 2003.
Patten described Rabb as a "straight up guy" and a devout Christian.
Patten said Rabb was working in his yard Sunday when he was stung. He had only recently learned he was allergic to wasp stings.
- Adams County chief deputy dies following wasp sting
- Alabama chief deputy arrested on theft charges
- Tiny jellyfish proving a stinging pest at Ocean City Beach
- Mississippi city official arrested in child sex sting
- Fire chief dies from medical problem while fighting fire
- Laurel police chief dies at 48 after illness, city says
- Mississippi county rehires deputy accused of misconduct
- Winston County deputies search for hiker
- Legislature awards medals of honor to Etowah County deputies
- Panola County deputies seek man involved in dogfighting ring