HAYNEVILLE, Ala - (WTVA) - A judge plans to hold a preliminary hearing for a man accused of killing an Alabama sheriff.
Court records show a preliminary hearing is to be held Monday for William Chase Johnson.
The 18-year-old faces capital murder charges in the shooting death of Lowndes County Sheriff John “Big John” Williams.
Williams was shot and killed in November at a gas station.
Johnson was arrested several hours later.
- Hearing scheduled for man accused of killing sheriff
- Hearing set for 14-year-old girl accused of killing mother
- Immunity hearing scheduled for officer charged with murder
- Sheriff: Mississippi man killed toddler, man during dispute
- Sheriff: Deputy kills carjacking suspect
- Sheriff: Man kills himself, his son, daughter and her fiancé
- Report: Man arrested, accused of killing mother in Hinds County
- Man accused of killing son, 2, roommate in self-defense
- Man accused of killing neighbor found dead in Mississippi
- Man accused of mishandling gun, killing Mississippi woman