VICKSBURG, Miss. (AP) — Police say five people were wounded during a shooting at a restaurant and lounge in western Mississippi.
WJTV-TV reports that the gunfire happened late Sunday night, Christmas Eve, at L.D.'S Restaurant and Lounge in Vicksburg.
Police say officers who arrived shortly before midnight found one of the gunshot victims on the ground outside the lounge. He was taken to a hospital.
Police learned that four others had been taken to a hospital in private vehicles.
Authorities said none of the victims' injuries appeared to be life-threatening.
Police detained a 21-year-old man for questioning.
- 5 wounded by gunfire at Mississippi restaurant and lounge
- Man indicted in Christmas Eve lounge shooting that wounded 5
- Pitbull to open Miami-themed lounge on Mississippi coast
- Mississippi man fights cancer, closes historical restaurant
- Mississippi now allows dogs on restaurant patios
- Mississippi flight instructor wins at wounded warrior games
- 2 children wounded in traffic shooting in Mississippi
- Gunfire shatters windows at Alabama courthouse
- Lawmaker deadlock kills restaurant tax in Mississippi county
- Gunfire death rate increases in 7-year period in Alabama