BESSEMER, Ala. (AP) - Authorities say a head-on crash on an interstate in Alabama has killed three people.
Al.com reports the crash happened on Interstate 459 in Bessemer on Friday between 12:30 a.m. and 1:00 a.m.
Bessemer Police Chief Mike Roper says police started receiving calls about a motorist traveling northbound in the southbound lanes of Interstate 59. The vehicle turned onto I-459 and collided with an oncoming vehicle.
The driver of the wrong-way vehicle was killed. The vehicle that was struck had three people inside. Two of them were killed. The third person was conscious and talking following the collision.
Two of the victims were pronounced dead at the scene, and another victim died at a hospital.
An investigation is ongoing.
- 3 people killed in interstate crash in Alabama
- 2 people found dead in pickup near Interstate 22 in Alabama
- Pedestrian struck, killed as she tried to cross interstate
- Car collides with truck, setting off explosion on AL interstate
- Suspect in Alabama killing arrested in Georgia
- Man killed in standoff with Alabama deputies
- Man arrested in Mississippi carjacking, Alabama killing
- Alabama SGA president arrested after crash
- Los Angeles pilot dies in Alabama crash
- Small plane crashes in Orange Beach, Alabama