BESSEMER, Ala. (AP) - Authorities say a head-on crash on an interstate in Alabama has killed three people.
Al.com reports the crash happened on Interstate 459 in Bessemer on Friday between 12:30 a.m. and 1:00 a.m.
Bessemer Police Chief Mike Roper says police started receiving calls about a motorist traveling northbound in the southbound lanes of Interstate 59. The vehicle turned onto I-459 and collided with an oncoming vehicle.
The driver of the wrong-way vehicle was killed. The vehicle that was struck had three people inside. Two of them were killed. The third person was conscious and talking following the collision.
Two of the victims were pronounced dead at the scene, and another victim died at a hospital.
An investigation is ongoing.
- 3 people killed in interstate crash in Alabama
- Police identify man killed in Alabama interstate shooting
- Plane performs emergency landing on Alabama interstate
- Police: 2 people killed in crash in Alabama
- 2 people found dead in pickup near Interstate 22 in Alabama
- 4 dead after vehicle flees wrong way on Alabama interstate
- Pedestrian struck, killed as she tried to cross interstate
- Teen accused of threatening to kill people at Alabama school
- School bus crash in Alabama kills 1, injures 11
- Woman in Alabama crash hit, killed after walking across road