SAMSON, Ala. (AP) — Three Alabama police officers were injured during a chase that ended with the arrest of a man suspected of stealing a car.
Police in the south Alabama town of Samson located a car that had been reported stolen following a tip from a motorist on Tuesday afternoon.
Officers gave chase, and authorities say the pursuit didn't end until the driver slammed into at least one police vehicle and two other police cars also were wrecked.
The Samson Police Department posted on its Facebook page that three officers were hurt and went to a hospital, but none of the injuries was life-threatening.
The driver of the suspected stolen vehicle was arrested, but police haven't released that person's name or any charges.
Samson police says the state is investigating.
- 3 officers hurt in Alabama police chase
- Police encounter leaves shooting suspect dead, officer hurt
- Alabama police officer arrested for domestic violence
- 2 Alabama firefighters seriously hurt while training
- 4 hurt in ambulance wreck in Alabama
- Police: Chase ends in crash through Mississippi law office
- Alabama officer facing assault charge
- Alabama AG seeks execution date in police officer death
- Texas police arrest Alabama inmate in 1974 death of officer
- Police clear officer who ejected smoking Alabama fan