PURVIS, Miss. (AP) — Three south Mississippi residents have been arrested after a man was found dead in a freezer, but they aren't yet charged with killing him.
Lamar County Sheriff Danny Rigel tells news outlets that 35-year-old Samantha Simmons is charged with grand larceny, while 51-year-old Andy Hartfield and 23-year-old Will Bryson are charged with receiving stolen property. It's unclear if any has a lawyer.
Rigel says deputies also seek a fourth unnamed person.
The sheriff says he believes the people are connected to the death of Thomas Burns. Relatives found the 54-year-old man dead inside a freezer in his Purvis home on Tuesday. Rigel says no one has been charged in the death because investigators aren't sure who's responsible.
The sheriff says Burns may have been killed more than two weeks ago.
- 3 arrested after body of Mississippi man found in freezer
- Fourth person arrested as Mississippi man found in freezer
- Man indicted on capital murder charge over body in freezer
- Missing Mississippi man's body found in lake
- Man's body found in Mississippi lake
- Body found in Pearl River in Mississippi
- Authorities identify body found in Mississippi creek
- Police: Man's body found in ditch off Mississippi road
- Elderly man's body found after Mississippi apartment fire
- Body of missing man found in Pearl River in Mississippi