BOGALUSA, La. (AP) — Three Mississippians are accused of robbing a Louisiana gas station and fatally shooting the clerk.
News outlets report 24-year-olds Melissa Smith and Lance Hunter Rouse and a 17-year-old boy are each in custody on $2.1 million bonds for charges including first-degree murder and armed robbery. The three are accused of killing 53-year-old Abdulraham Alaquir Taleb in December outside a gas station near Bogalusa, Louisiana.
The Washington Parish Sheriff's Office says surveillance video shows Taleb working outside when the three suspects pulled into the gas station's parking lot. It says two of them got out of the vehicle with shotguns and confronted Taleb. It says they then walked past Taleb and robbed the store before fleeing the scene. They were caught days later in Alabama.
It's unclear if they have lawyers.
- 3 Mississippians accused of killing Louisiana shop worker
- Mississippians warned of false alarm salesmen
- Mississippi teacher killed in Louisiana; 2 arrested
- $500 apiece offered to help Mississippians finish degrees
- Senator: Capitol art should also show black Mississippians
- Mississippians not required to be 21 to buy tobacco products
- State website aims to keep Mississippians safe from charity fraud
- 4 from Mississippi killed in Louisiana accident on I-12