TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (AP) — An Alabama man has pleaded guilty in the 2016 shooting death of a teen.
The Tuscaloosa News reported that 22-year-old Robert Lee Jones II pleaded guilty to felony murder earlier this week.
Jones was sentenced to 20 years in prison for the death of 19-year-old Daniel Torry of Harvey, Louisiana.
Jones and Orrin Cruckshank were arrested in the investigation. Police say Torry was driving to visit his girlfriend in Tennessee when investigators think he pulled off the interstate in Tuscaloosa to buy marijuana.
Investigators said the men robbed Torry of $200 and killed him in an apartment complex parking lot.
Cruckshank pleaded guilty in May and was sentenced to life in prison.
- 2nd man pleads guilty in 2016 Alabama shooting death
- Man pleads guilty in Mississippi shooting death last year
- Man pleads to 2016 stabbing death of Mississippi educator
- Man arrested in Alabama apartment shooting death
- Alabama man pleads guilty in 2013 double murder
- Alabama man pleads guilty to producing child pornography
- Alabama man pleads guilty to federal cyberstalking charges
- Man pleads guilty in Alabama to bribery for Army contracts
- Man pleads guilty to murder in death of Mississippi teen
- Prosecutor: Mississippi man to plead guilty in nuns' deaths